Author: Xabi Otero
•4:23 PM
Como es habitual por aquí, la canción de hoy es otro clásico. Interpretada por primera vez en los 50, esta versión de Ben E King (coautor de la canción) es la que más me gusta. Ese sonido antiguo, ese ritmo, esa percusión de fondo, voz limpia y rasgada... todos estos rasgos hacen de esta una gran canción.

When the night has come, and the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we will see
No, I won't be afraid, oh, I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
So darlin', darlin' stand by me
Oh stand by me
Oh stand, stand by me, stand by me

If the sky that we look upon should tumble and fall
Or the mountain should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry, no, I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
And darlin', darlin' stand by me
Oh stand by me
Whoa stand now, stand by me, stand by me
*Solo*

And darlin', darlin' stand by me
Oh stand by me
Oh stand now, stand by me, stand by me



This entry was posted on 4:23 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comentarios:

On January 10, 2010 at 10:07 PM , Iker Dreamer said...

Buena canción del clásico sonido Soul de los años 50 y 60, una bonita época influenciada por el Gospel y el Rythm & Blues.