Author: Xabi Otero
•9:45 AM
Today I'm going to talk you about the last book I've read. It's the classical Robin Hood and I've found it fantastic. The version I've read is the one that Henry Gilbert wrote.

Although for most of us the story is known, I didn't remember it totally. So, for me it's been pretty exciting. As it is set in the Middle Ages, the story uses features of the human being that we've already lost (for instance, the communication among the outlaws via sounds of different forest animals).

It's been very funny to see how Robin plays so many tricks in order to confuse the people he hates. And normally, he manages to get it, each time with different and unexpected results. It's very beautiful how friendship among Robin's band is important for them. You can see the way the fellows of the band defend each other, due to their loyalty and, of course, of their correct positions (normally because of Robin's orders). So, they normally appear in the most suitable moment, what helps Robin survive.

For me, as a student who hasn't already got the advanced certificate, it's been quite difficult to start a book where many of old expressions turn up (Fortunately, as the author was born in the past century, there are not plenty of them). But once I've understood the most used of them, I've grasped nearly all the contect, or at least, the general idea. So, if another student who is in the level I am wants to start reading this novel, I'd recommend you learning these words.

Thou = you
Thee = you (accusative pronoun)
Thy = your
Thine = yours
Ere = before

There are even more, but I think these ones are the most common, because once I learnt those five, I could follow the story without any big problem.

So, I strongly recommend reading this book, because you'll see the situation of the History in the Middle Ages, as well as having a good time with Robin's tricks. I hope I can encourage somebody to read it, I think it deserves.
This entry was posted on 9:45 AM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comentarios: