Author: Xabi Otero
•12:53 PM
Lord of the flies is the last book I've read, by the Cornish author William Golding, and it's one of the most popular books of the 20th century English literature.

I was encouraged to read this book from many people, and after having read it, I understand why. It's one of the best novels I've ever seen and a very different one, by the way.

The plot is about a group of children that have to survive on an uninhabited island in the middle of nowhere. In order to do that, they try to set up a kind of civilization, which must have some rules so they can live together in harmony. But many problems will arise and it looks like they'll have to stay in the island forever.

Although it may seem a children's novel, the way which it's written in reveals quite the opposite. In fact, the author describes perfectly the situation and he writes very well how the children would behave if they were trapped in that island. We all know that living together isn't easy and let alone when you're on an island from where you don't know when you'll go out. Moreover, it's obvious that children don't have common sense as most of adults have, so they're going to run wild and do some things that for adults are really cruel.

To sum up, I warmly recommend this book, because it's very realistic and catches the reader's attention from the very first moment. I couldn't help reading it all in a very few days, and nor could you, that's for sure!4

p.d. I want to add I read it in English, and personally, I found it a bit difficult. I mean, it's not the sort of book you can read with a first certificate level, since it's quite metaphoric and has a lot of vocabulary difficult to understand. So, if you don't have that level, I think you should read it very carefully so as to make sure you understand what the story means to convey.
|
This entry was posted on 12:53 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comentarios: